top of page
Featured Posts

Where to change your name after marriage

Continuing on from a recent post, it can be quite mind boggling as to where to start when changing your name after marriage. Let me help you with some suggestions.

First up, you will need your marriage certificate from the Births, Deaths and Marriages office. I obtain this on behalf of my couple's but should this not be the case, then you need to go to the office within your state and apply ( or you can apply online)

The link to applying for your certificate in NSW is :-

You can also apply in person at one of their offices in Sydney.

35 Regent St, Chippendale

60 Marsden St, Parramatta

Ensure that you read all of the information and that you have all the necessary documentation with you when you attend.

Once you have the certificate, you can then change your name at various places.

Service NSW - your licence and registration





Medicare and Health

Club memberships

Banks and Financial institutions

Electricity and Water accounts

Electoral Roll


Australian Organ Donor Register




Store cards

The list goes on. This is just a snap shot of some of the places to change your name if that's what you are going to do.

You can also buy Change of Name Kits online - these are an invaluable resource.

Signing of marriage certificate

Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page